Here’s a funny looking word that John came across when reading “Jacquard’s Web.” It looks like one of those made up words like “spork.”

swarf – Fine metallic filings or shavings removed by a cutting tool. (Dictionary.com)

So kind of like metal sawdust. I have yet to find a way to work it into my daily speech.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *